Join your hosts David Pere and Alex Felice as they sit down and talk about their guest, Joel Stewart’s inspiring milestone towards his business in franchise consulting; a venture in his life that no matter how different from his background – he considers his passion and success.
Joel is an MBA and is the CEO of the International Franchise Marketplace (IFM) and of newly, The Veteran Franchise Initiative, which he had just started this summer. Joel is an acknowledged lead in franchising and connecting investors with veterans who are planning to get into business and entrepreneurship.
In this episode, Joel opens the experience with severe illness during military service and a seated moment that he considers as a turning point in his life. He shares how pursuing a master’s degree, discovering new fields, and entering entrepreneurship geared him to break down the barriers of disability – no matter how grueling.
About Joel Stewart:
Joel Stewart founded the International Franchise Marketplace in 2019 to provide franchise education and marketing throughout the Middle East and Southeast Asia. This is accomplished through American Chamber of Commerce and Embassy coordinated events and conferences.
After several successful international events, Joel decided to roll his operation in the United States, Integrity Commercial, under the International Franchise Marketplace as well. Now IFM is creating value for franchise focused businesses, investors, and entrepreneurs around the world through free consultations and value-added referrals.
If you are a franchisor, a potential franchisor, an investor looking to use franchising as a vehicle, or an entrepreneur looking to strike out on your own, contact us today and see how the International Franchise Marketplace can help!
Outline of the episode:
● [03:18] An epiphany during recovery: “If you’re focusing on all the things you can’t do, you’re missing out on all the things you can do.”
● [9:24] The difference between business brokerage and franchise consulting.
● [11:48] Why people need to look into franchising more.
● [12:38] The values in commercial real estate.
● [19:11] On MLM – From the book of The Value of Equation.
● [23:06] The different franchising niches of 2021: The good and bad.
● [34:50] A little bit about The Veteran Franchise Initiative.
● [41:30] A general advice to anyone who wants to chase their own success.
● [43:38] On perceived value and controlling your potential – From the book of The Value of Equation.
● [45:24] A book recommendation to read for people getting into entrepreneurship.
● [47:47] The Value of Equation: Your life is your business; what does equal to money?
● [49:08] On hiring underqualified candidates; what employers need to look into when hiring; on strategic employment, and the need for every job to be skill-based.
● [50:12] Defining what a dead-end job is.
Advice to an 18-20-year old: Focus on what you CAN do!
Recommended resource(s): The E-Myth Revisited
Sponsor: Mastermind Group Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Value of Equation by Joel Stewart:
E myth by Michael E. Gerber:
Follow our journey:
Real Estate Investing Course: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/teachable-rei
Recommended books and tools: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/kit/
Become an investor: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/investor/
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY OWN. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR’S INVITED GUEST POSTERS, AND MAY NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE US GOVERNMENT, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OR THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.